If there is one place on earth that represents the perfect mixture of modern culture and ancient values, it has to be LONDON. Established by the great Romans centuries ago, this city has thrived into being one of the best cities in the world to visit. Be it students, tourists or professionals, London has something to offer for everyone.
It has become a place that offers a magnificent and unforgettable experience for travellers. With hundreds of locations to visit all around the city, London can be appropriately named a paradise for tourists. Starting from the humanmade London Eye to age-old Westminster Abbey, from the iconic boat ride at Thames river to the famous Baker Street, the list goes on and on.
London records almost 27 million tourists every year. With the increasing curiosity in people about the city, the number of tourist visiting is expected to increase every year. Also, with the ongoing pandemic and people being aware of how much unpredictable the time has become, there is a sure prognosis that London will be added to many people’s bucket list when the pandemic is over.
The London authority is doing everything and taking every necessary step to make sure that the city is well prepared for the foretold rush of tourists.
One of the few necessities of a tourist in any city is accessible accommodation. Whereas, there are more than enough to look into, here are a few essential points that we should consider before finalizing a stay:
- Location of accommodation: It is always a bonus when the major tourist attractions are as close as possible to your accommodation. It saves you the cost of travelling from one place to another, saves you the rush of starting early in the day and finishing early at night so you can travel back at a reasonable time. But you may have to if your accommodation is away from the main attractions in the city. So, make it a point to choose accommodation that is close to the main attractions you want to see!
- Stair lift: If you suffer from mobility problems or have an older adult in your group, you might require a stair lift. Accommodation providing a stair lift is just proof of how much it takes into consideration the needs of everyone. In case someone is travelling with you who requires a stair lift, you need to do your research and check that the accommodation has a stairlift in its premises. Fortunately, in the UK there are lots of respectable firms such as Age UK Mobility which have a premium range of stair lifts to select from. This means that if your accommodation has stair lifts from the likes of Age UK Mobility, then you can ensure it will have passed certain tests and regulations and will be working efficiently.
- Easy access to amenities: No one wants to be running around in search of a supermarket or a pharmacy when you are in dire need of one. But being a tourist comes with its fair share of challenges of being in a new place. That is why it is important that you check that essential amenities such as a supermarket and a pharmacy are close-by to the accommodation you are looking to stay at.
- Sanitization: In today’s situation, there cannot be enough amount of emphasis on the importance of sanitizing. This pandemic might go away and never come back, but taking precautions will now be mandatory from now on. It is therefore wise to look for accommodation who are as precautious as you are.
- Ratings of people who stayed previously: There is nothing more reliable than the words and feedback of people who have been the guests at a particular place. We ask for suggestions in everything we do, everything we select, and we always tend to go for the positive one. Why should there be an exception when it comes to choosing a place to stay. This factor should rule the list of criteria’s to select accommodation. So, next time, do not forget to check up on the likes of TripAdvisor before choosing accommodation to stay at.
It might become a slightly tedious process to plan a trip because, while accommodation is one of the many factors to take care of, there are a lot of other factors that play a significant role in travel. But, the experience of visiting London is a once in a lifetime kind of opportunity. Because the memories that you are going to carry with yourself for the rest of your life will thank you for taking that trip to London. So, if you haven’t started planning or packing yet, now is the time to get started!